The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers by established bloggers (less than 200 followers), in order to recognize them, let them know that they are appreciated, and to spread the word about new blogs. The rules are:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominators set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back, (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so that I can learn more about you!)
Eleven Random Things About ME
1. I taught first grade for 17 years before moving up to third, where I've been for 3.
2. I was a secretary before becoming a teacher 20 years ago. I can type over 100 WPM!!
3. I have two dogs, Penny (a beagle) & Gizmo (a lhasa)
4. I love everything 80s...music, movies, clothes, etc.
5. My favorite snack foods are chips with dip and popcorn with M&Ms.
6. I love to walk...nothing feels better than my Ipod blaring and a very long walk on a nice day.
7. I was Teacher of the Year in my county, several years ago.
8. One of my students and I were on an episode of The View a few years ago...a back-to-school fashion episode!
9. I have a fifteen year old daughter and a twelve year old son...I am a truly proud mama!
10. I love to play Norah Jones during our Writer's Workshop.
11. I married my best friend in Maui, almost 18 years ago!
Here are the 11 questions Kim asked me:
1. Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it?
My newest hobby is BLOGGING!! It is addicting!! I also love walking and cooking.
2. What is one item that you could not live without?
I could not live without my cast iron dutch oven...I cook a lot of one pot dinners.
3. What is your favorite teaching resource or tool?
I love my classroom audio system. It makes it so much easier to communicate with a loud and raucous bunch of third graders!!
4. When did you start blogging?
I have followed blogs for about a year now...but I only just started my own...two weeks ago!
5. What is your favorite TV show?
Dexter and Grey's Anatomy are my favorites. I am also a sucker for X-Factor and Idol.
6. What is your favorite Holiday to celebrate in the classroom?
I just love the traditions of Valentine's Day...all of those cute little cards make me so happy!
7. How long have you been teaching? What grades have you taught?
I have taught Pre-K, Kindergarten, First Grade and Third Grade.
8. What is your best teaching memory?
That is a tough one..there are so many!! Last year one of my students made me the cutest most heartfelt "sympathy" card when Swimmy, our goldfish died.
9. What is your favorite holiday dish?
My grandma used to always make a pistachio-flavored green cake. Since she's passed, I continue to make it. It is delicious and reminds me of grams.
10. What is your favorite thing about being a teacher?
11. What is your favorite sport or team?
DETROIT TIGERS!! I love baseball!
11 Questions for the 11 Blogs that I Nominated.
1. What is a recipe that you are famous for making.
2. Why did you start a blog?
3. What is your favorite subject to teach?
4. What is a favorite website that you use with your students?
5. What is the hardest thing about teaching?
6. If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
7. Describe in a sentence or two, your ideal classroom.
8. What is a favorite teaching theme or bulletin board idea that you've used?
9. Who is your favorite music artist?
10. What is your morning poison? (i.e., coffee, tea, sugar, etc.).
11. If money were no object, what one thing would you buy for yourself? For your classroom?
Here are the blogs that I nominated:
Thanks again, Kim!!